The Little Rock Stewpot needs Volunteers every day to help feed the hungry.
Here are some volunteer opportunities:
- Team Captain - organize and supervise a team, prepare food, serve, cleanup, 9am-1:30pm
- Daily serving teams - 7 - 8 people from 11a.m. - 1:15 p.m. Often a church will cover the same day each month. (i.e., first Thursday)
- Donate food - gallon size cans of vegetables, fruit, soup. Packaged cookies and crackers. Frozen meat.
- Deep Cleaning
- Donate Clothes (Men's and Women's jeans, shoes and casual shirts are most needed).
- Pick up donated food from Rice Depot, Potluck or other food banks (requires heaving lifting and a truck or SUV)
- Organize food in pantry
- Pick up donated food from Community Bakery
To volunteer at the Stewpot, contact our volunteer chairperson:
Jan Van Ness- firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of the Thankful Comments from Stewpot Volunteers
- I get to eat left over goodies from Community Bakery.
- It gets my wife out of the house!
- For all of the volunteers past and present and for those that began this ministry over 40 years ago.
- Our cook - Scott Seidenschwarz
- I am very grateful for the crew I work with at Stewpot.
- I am thankful for the people who extend themselves for the benefit of others. It is a pure form of love. I am grateful for the fellowship with fellow cooks. I love my co-workers! And we love Ed and Ced and Ken!
- I love that Stewpot has fed the downtown homeless people for over 45 years with dignity and no judgement.
- Jesus said, "Feed my sheep" and so being able to help cook, serve and feed others is indeed a blessing to me.
- Thankful for God letting me help others at Stewpot.
- Stewpot and the Clothes Closet make my week. I receive much more than I give!
- Good food that is free and "Hits the Spot." You can't do any better than that.
- I am grateful for the Stewpot Clothes Closet, which helped a friend of mine who lost her clothing in a fire.
- There are still good people doing good things in Arkansas.
- I am thankful for the 1st Pres members and staff that open their facility for Stewpot.
- Thankful for the opportunity to serve folks in need and for the fellowship among those who work at Stewpot.
- I am so thankful to be involved in a church that supports a ministry of this kind. I appreciate the leadership of Stewpot. The organization is amazing when you consider the numbers that pass through on a regular basis.
- When I see homeless people, I am reminded that I am blessed to have all of the necessities of life. Serving Stewpot gives me a chance to serve God by serving the homeless.
- Thanks for the Stewpot Cooks. They are always prepared.
- Ed - always very helpful and performs many tasks.
- Thanks for 1st Pres for offering their facilities.
- I am thankful for all of the lovely people who come for lunch and allow me to serve them. That's a great gift!